02 November 2008

NaNoWriMo and PAD

i had no idea what those two acronym[ish] things meant until late last night. i was poking around online, considering taking the plunge and making some of my work available to people i don't know, and i came across a blog for poets. http://poetswhoblog.blogspot.com%20...i/i'm thinking about it.

reading into some of the poems, i stumbled upon PAD...Poem A Day.
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/default,month,2008-11.aspx. i thought...why not. a poem was already written for the first...why not write one for the second. and then the third. awesome.

looking at some of those poems, someone mentioned NaNoWriMo. it's just fun to say. it stands for National Novel Writer's Month. check it out -->
http://www.nanowrimo.org/. i initially thought 'not for me' because i am not a novelist. i read a bit, and it's not just for novelists...just crazy people who want to try to write 50,000 words of a novel in the thirty days November affords us. still i was skeptical. but then i started writing, and now i think i'm crazy enough to do it.

and the poems

4 comments:

Robbie said...

write more.

good luck with both NaNoWriMo and PAD.

Clockworkchris said...

I think you can do it, and about my link. Something I have come to find out is that when you spell blogspot incorrectly it always takes you to that place. I spelled it blogpsot because I don't care much for spelling and was in a hurry. It's been fixed.

lissa said...

good luck with NaNo and PAD, I'm crazy as you to do both hey, if you have the words, then go for it!

writerwoman said...

I'm glad you found PWB. I'll link back to you.

Best of luck with your PAD and NaNoWriMo.